Thursday, March 13, 2014

30

So, someone asked me today "what does 30 feel like?".

Well, I will tell you.

In his recent Oscars acceptance speech, Matthew McConaughy said that there are three things that he needs on a daily basis to keep him pushing forward.  The first is someone to look up to, the second is something to look forward to, and the third is someone or something to chase.

With that being said, 30 feels a lot like 20. 

All of the things that I am chasing now are just as far ahead of me as the things that I was chasing when I was 20 were ahead of me then.  I keep all of my goals just out of reach, and every time I feel like I take a step closer towards catching them, I push them just a little further ahead.  This keeps me in the chase, and keeps me hungry.

The only difference between 30 and 20 is now that I'm 10 years older, have 10 more years of experience under my belt, what I am chasing has changed, and I am 10 years wiser in how I go about the chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment